All access to and use of Virtual Mentor via the AMA Publications Web site is conditioned on compliance with the following terms and conditions.
- The editorial content of Virtual Mentor, the online medical ethics journal of the American Medical Association, (hereinafter referred to as the "material") appearing on this site is copyrighted by the AMA which reserves all rights therein.
- Individuals using this site may print, reproduce, or store print copies of journal articles for their personal, noncommercial use. Uses beyond those allowed by the "Fair Use" limitations (sections 107 and 108) of the US Copyright law require permission of the AMA. Noncommercial use by medical educators is encouraged. Print copies for educational use must include acknowledgement of the source and full citation information including the Virtual Mentor volume, number, and pages, the publisher (AMA) and the Virtual Mentor website address.
- Libraries are permitted to supply single copies of articles from Virtual Mentor to authorized users of another library for the purposes of private but not commercial use.
- No part of the material may be used in any form of commercial exploitation, including but not limited to, print or broadcast media, and no user may publish as its own any material contained on this site. Users may not use the material on a public computer-based information system, including any electronic bulletin board available to the public, including the Internet or World Wide Web, other than for gaining access to the material from the AMA.
- AMA disclaims any liability to any party for the accuracy, completeness or availability of the material or for any damages arising out of the use or non-use of any of the material and any information contained therein.
- The AMA reserves the right to modify the Conditions of Use in its sole discretion and to deny access to anyone who breaches these Conditions. Accessing or use of the materials following the posting of any such modifications shall be subject to such modified Conditions.
- This Agreement may not be assigned. This Agreement shall be interpreted and construed in accordance with, and shall be governed by the laws of, the United States of America and the internal laws of the State of Illinois without reference to choice of law provisions and by the English language as it is used in the United States. Any controversy arising out of or relating to this Agreement shall be arbitrated by the American Arbitration Association under its appropriate procedures in Chicago, Illinois, by a single arbitrator whose award shall be final and binding. The courts of the State of Illinois and/or the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any action concerning the enforcement of an arbitration award and the parties hereto agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of the State of Illinois and the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois. In the case of public institutions, nothing herein shall be construed to alter or waive the application of state statutes conditioning contracts of such institutions. If any provision hereof is held to be unenforceable or contrary to public policy, the parties agree that the remaining portions are enforceable.
- Opinions expressed in Virtual Mentor articles are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of the AMA. To reprint an article or excerpt it in part and place the article or excerpt in a context that suggests that the opinions expressed are those of the AMA is strictly prohibited.
© 2013 American Medical Association. All Rights Reserved.